We’re adding on to our fall Youth Program this year! Young people between 14-24 are invited to apply for Saturday jobs located at SCLT urban farms in Providence and Pawtucket.
As youth staff, you will help create community food systems where food is affordable, healthy, environmentally sustainable and culturally appealing for all.
To apply you must be:
- able to work well alone or as part of a team
- able to commit to a 3-hour work shift
- willing to work outside, even on rainy or cool days
- have reliable transportation to your shifts (bike, RIPTA, walking, car, etc.)
About the position:
- Paid part-time job, Saturday 10 am-1pm
- Hourly wage ($11.50) for shifts worked
- Includes on-site training that meets all COVID-19 and social distancing requirements for the workplace
- Opportunity to develop your leadership skills and learn about future jobs and college
- Learn to grow your own food and prepare fresh and healthy food at home
- Take-home lunch will be provided at the end of the shift
Youth staff will be selected based on interest in positively impacting their communities and a willingness to participate in farming, culinary and food processing training, and community organizing work. Interested, qualified candidates will be contacted and invited to participate in a group, working interview. All application components must be fully completed for your application to be considered.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis through Oct. 15.
Please fill out this Google Form to apply.
Questions? Leave a voicemail for Raffini at 401-273-9419 ext. 109, or email email@example.com