Youth Education Coordinator
Youth Education Coordinators (YEC) build the long-term capacity of their Service Site by engaging youth in service learning, experiential education, and inquiry-based science and nature learning projects. They collaborate with schools, libraries, and youth groups on projects that connect young people to the natural world, improve science literacy, and encourage healthy lifestyles. By serving with youth in an outdoor learning environment, they reinforce the connection between people, nature, and community and foster an inclusive land stewardship ethic in future generations.
TerraCorps Members engage with their supervisors to develop and carry out three or more capacity- building projects over the course of the service year. Some of these projects will involve recruiting, training, and/or managing community volunteers. SCLT has proposed the following potential projects for their Youth Education Coordinator:
- Develop a better system than we now have for maintaining youth staff schedules at our two program sites as well as for record keeping (particularly demographic data required by some funders). We would like the YEC to either pilot or fully develop a scheduling and record-keeping program to bolster our Youth Employment Program staff.
- Manage resource distribution to the 30+ urban and rural farmers in our network in the fall of 2022 and spring of Resources include organic compost, fish emulsion, seaweed, seed garlic and potatoes, vegetable seeds, straw mulch, Reemay covering and drip irrigation.
- Add to our database of alumni youth staff and maintain contact with them about academic scholarships and career opportunities that may be of interest in the green Create protocols for supporting participants as they continue in education and career pursuits related to food justice and the environment. Track short- and long-term outcomes and program impacts in youth’s lives.
- Develop plan to expand off-site activities for youth staff during the academic year, including researching opportunities, arranging for vehicles and assisting with oversight during these activities.
- Support and collaborate with youth and children’s garden and food justice programming with partners outside of SCLT.
- Assist other SCLT staff with farm activities and maintenance at the Youth Enterprise Farm, including overseeing youth staff shifts, planting, harvesting, weeding, soil building, etc.
Community Engagement Coordinator
TerraCorps Members engage with their supervisors to develop and carry out three or more capacity building projects over the course of the service year. Some of these projects will involve recruiting, training, and/or managing community volunteers. Southside Community Land Trust has proposed the following potential project(s) for their Community Engagement Coordinator:
- Develop an event to bring together various stakeholders surrounding the land trust to learn and talk about the intersections of food and environmental justice and the importance of building equitable community-level food
- Develop a series of community engagements, inviting neighbors of the gardens and farms to a social gathering at the gardens and farms to learn and hear from them about their connection to the land trust, its work, food access and food
- In conjunction with the Community Partnerships Manager and other key stakeholders, develop a community advisory board, to develop a two-year community outreach and engagement plan for 404 Broad
- Assist in SCLT’s produce aggregation and produce prescription programs (VeggieRX), distributing produce to participants and partner sites, relationship building with farmers, participants and partners, and developing outreach and education materials for the
Development of these and other projects will occur during the first two months of service and consider the Member’s interests and skills.Full Description
GAP Certification Contract Position
Southside Community Land Trust seeks to contract with an individual (or firm) to assist 12-15 farmers in the SCLT network to earn Good Agricultural Practices (GAP) Certification.
Please see attached job description. Application materials accepted until May 31, 2022.Full Description
Food Service Program Associate
The Food Service Program Associate is responsible for the daily operations of the 404 Broad Street kitchen and will provide staff support to our Produce Aggregation and VeggieRx team in the Farm-to-Market Center.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Projected start date is June 13, 2022.Full Description
The Events Coordinator will produce existing annual events and occasional one-time events under the direction of the Development Director. It is expected that this position will be the lead staff person on multiple annual events after the first year of employment.
Application deadline is Friday, June 17. Projected start date is Monday, July 25, 2022.