We’re hiring a Sustainable Agriculture Coordinator in partnership with TerraCorps, an AmeriCorps-affiliated environmental nonprofit that prepares emerging leaders to work in the environmental and conservation sectors.
This full-time position will run from Dec. 9, 2021 to July 29, 2022.
As the Sustainable Ag Coordinator, you will be contributing to SCLT’s long-term capacity to steward community land. The work may include creating raised beds or community gardens, monitoring and maintaining urban farmland, establishing sustainable food systems, providing new farmer trainings and leading community workshops. You will spend roughly 60% of your time in the office and 40% in the field.
- You must be at least least 18 years old and a US citizen, US national, or Lawful Permanent Resident Alien of the U.S.
- You must have a high school diploma or GED
- You may have served no more than three previous terms as an AmeriCorps member
- You must pass a criminal history background check, for recurring access to vulnerable populations, including a search of the National Sex Offenders Public Website, a RI criminal record check, state of residence if different than RI, and a finger-print based FBI background check
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills
- Able to serve both independently and as a Member of a team
- Comfort navigating computer software programs (Microsoft Office Suite)
- Training and experience pertinent to the Sustainable Agriculture Coordinator position
- Experience training and educating community members and volunteers
- Drivers’ license and vehicle (reimbursement for vehicle use available)
- Skills in one or more of the following languages: Burmese, Hmong, Kirundi/Kinyarwanda, Kunama, Nepali, Portuguese/Cape Verdean Creole, Spanish, Swahili
- Willingness to be active outside in a range of weather conditions
TerraCorps is an AmeriCorps-affiliated start-up environmental nonprofit preparing and mobilizing emerging leaders to help communities gain access to and conserve land for people and nature. Working at the intersection of the land conservation and urban agriculture movements, our vision is to create a future where land is the foundation of health and well-being for ALL people in EVERY community.
This year’s TerraCorps program will support up to 80 full-time AmeriCorps Members across Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Connecticut in full-time, 8-month terms (December 9th, 2021-July 29, 2022) with one of our partner organizations. Members receive a living allowance, education award, and additional AmeriCorps benefits.
Information about all TerraCorps positions is available at terracorps.org.